We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you’ve requested and to fulfill orders. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
- When you sign up online to use Mathable online learning resources, you must provide your name, email address, and a password. We never sell or rent your email address or other personally identifiable information you provide us under these circumstances.
- We may contact users of Mathable with reports on new releases, software updates and features, and other pertinent information related to the use and functionality of the Mathable services.
We share customer information only with affiliated companies who function as described below:
- With third parties we retain to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, and processing credit card payments. These parties are restricted from using your information for any other purpose.
- We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mathable Inc., our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
This provision applies only to students and enrolled users of our educational services and sites. If and to the extent that the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is deemed to apply to Mathable, the parties acknowledge that your Customer Data including user data may include certain personally identifiable information from education records that are subject to FERPA (“FERPA Records”). Under FERPA:
- Your “directory data” (student name, address, telephone number, date and place of birth, school honors and awards, and dates of attendance) may be disclosed by Mathable to third parties on request, unless you inform us not to.
- Your FERPA educational Records maintained by Mathable, beyond such directory data, will in any event not be disclosed to other parties without your consent, except when FERPA allows “school officials” to make specified disclosures permitted or required by law.
For such purposes, and to the extent of any FERPA Records, Mathable, (including its designated actors for this responsibility) will be considered a “School Official” (as that term is used in FERPA and its implementing regulations), authorized to administer education records, and will comply with FERPA.